- Visit the HCRA website to confirm that you meet the required definitions and criteria, including competency requirements, course completion, external checks and financial responsibility.
- Create an account on the HCRA’s Builder Portal.
- Submit the required information, referring to the detailed instructions for further direction if needed.
- Completed application form
- Licensing fees
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (if providing originals)
- Current financial statement of applicant or recent Corporate Tax Return including Schedules 100,125,141
- Insurance coverages for Architects and Engineers holding competencies (for Type C/D Condo only where applicable)
- Master Business Licence filed with the Government of Ontario (if applicable)
- Bankruptcy discharge papers (if applicable)
- Supporting information relating to attestation questions (if applicable)
- Copy of Declarant Agreement (for Condo only where applicable)
- Descriptive outline/chart of business structure
- Business plan (including executive summary for the applicant, after sales service policy, list of contractors/trades to be used)
- Corporate profile report
- Articles of Incorporation
- Articles of Amendment (if applicable)
- Shareholder Register (if applicable)
- Shareholder Agreement (if applicable)
- Initial Return/Notice of Change in Directors and Officers of the applicant (if applicable)
- CV for principals, officers, directors and interested persons
Partnerships or Joint Ventures:
- Limited Partnership Agreement
- Limited Partnership Report
- Declaration Form 3 under Limited Partnerships Act
- Articles of Incorporation for General Partner (if applicable)
- CV for partners and interested persons
- Submit completed application.
- Pay licensing fees.
Refer to the New Application Form Instructions for more detailed instructions.