A licensed builder or vendor must meet and maintain the competency requirements put in place under section 38 of the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017 (NHCLA).
The following technical and business competencies are prerequisites for licensing:
- Business Planning and Management
- Financial Planning and Management
- Project Management and Supervision
- Legal Issues in Housing
- Customer Service and Tarion Requirements
- Building Codes *
- Construction Technology *
One person or a group of people such as principals, directors or officers, or senior employees within the organization may hold the required competencies.